Summer Track Live Online is an English course designed specifically for professional people who need English for their work and social life. It is delivered via video conference and offers a quick and efficient way of improving your English and your language skills without the need to attend a physical class.
Our approach to teaching English for professional purposes is unique and was honed during our many years teaching English in ESADE. We have developed this approach further by incorporating all the benefits which technology has to offer. So we combine dynamic, participative lessons via a high-quality video-conference platform with the learning resources of a course Moodle designed specifically by the teacher for each group of learners.
In every virtual class we focus on improving your communication skills through practice via meetings, role-plays, debates, presentations or problem-solving tasks. You receive language input before, during and after each class together with constant feedback and help to overcome your language difficulties and to make progress. Thanks to this focus, your confidence in your language skills will grow and your ability to participate in real workplace situations too.
The groups on our Summer Track Live Online courses are small, with a maximum of 8 people, and offer a classroom atmosphere which is comfortable, dynamic but serious at the same time.
We use material which has been specifically designed in-house for our clients and with a major focus on workplace skills and social situations. The material for each week is based on authentic videos and texts and this is posted one week in advance so that the student has time to study it. This guarantees that the student comes to each of the bi-weekly classes prepared and ready to participate. The course Moodle also offers a way of interacting with the teacher and with other participants between classes, plus many opportunities for further self-study.
You access the videoconference platform via the course Moodle which is accessible via PC, laptop, tablet, iPad or mobile phone. You’ll find that the system is stable, secure and easy to use. An optional Moodle app is available for your phone but, otherwise, no downloading and installation of a special programmes is required.
- Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays (except Wednesday 9 September), from 18:30 to 20.30h (with pause) + online tasks between classes.
- Calendar part 1: 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28 and 30 JulyCalendar part 2: 3, 8, 9*, 15, 17, 22 and 29 September and 1 October
- Holidays: 24 September (La Mercè). *The class on 10 September, the day before la Diada, will be substitute for 9 September.
- Levels: Intermediate / Intermediate Plus / Advanced / Advanced Plus
- Fee: New students or student from a company or who asks for company invoicemnt: 345 € (only part 1 or 2) o 638 € (both parts at the same time):
Former NELC particular students in the last 24 months (who does not ask for company invoicement): 327,75 € (only part 1 or 2) o 621 € (both parts at the same time)
- Class size: 4 students minimum / 8 students maximum.